- Parish Name: Kanengo
- Current Parish Priest and other Pastoral personnel (Assistant Priest, Catechist, Verger etc): Rev Fr Capt. Andrew Malenga, Catechists; Stencum Simkayika and Isaic Kamputa, Vergers; Alice Ng’ome and Patuma Sabuli. Volunteer Catechist; Mrs Chidothi. Layleaders attached to rural congregations; Mrs Rose Mtekateka-Mkoka outstation, Mr Mc Dad Thawani-Kalawa outstation, Mrs Oliga Makweti-Chalansa Outstation, Mrs Machili-Masula outstation.( Catechist Kamputa-Mngwangwa outstation and Catechist Chidothi-Kalang’oma outstation)
- Location – Physical address and directions (map): Kanengo parish is located in northern part of the capital city of Malawi; Lilongwe specifically in area 25 C.
- Number of service(s) and time : Two services ( English service 6:30am to 8:00am, Chichewa service : 8:30am to 11:00am)
- Number and name of sub-stations (if applicable): Kanengo Parish Has 7 outstations;
- St Augustine –Area25 sector 9
- Mkoka- in Mkoka Village.
- Kalang’oma in Kalang;oma village.
- Kalawa in Kalawa Village.
- Mngwangwa in Mngwangwa vg.
- Chalansa In Chalansa Village.
- Masula in Masula Village.
- Number of church members for the whole Parish
- Position and name of Parish Executive Committee members:
- Parish Wardens Steven; Chiutula and Justus Kishindo.
- Parish Secretaries; Walter Katunga and Esmie Chikuse.
- Parish treasurers; Ramosh Jia and Alice Chapulumuka.
- Major events happening in 2017
- Rural mission week (one day outreach-Jesus Film, preaching and deliverance) in three rural outstations Kalang’oma,Masula and Chalansa.These were conducted on 13th march,5th may and 19th may 2017 respectively.
- St Augustine Mission week done on 13th to 20th August 2017.
- Parish major fundraising to procure a priest vehicle in which the church managed raising 4.6million MK.
- St Martin’s morning devotion mountain vigils.
- Mothers Union parish meetings
- St Agnes gatherings.
- Youth gatherings rallies and retreats.
- Sacraments of Baptisms, confirmation and weddings.
- When did it become a Parish?
The parish was started in the year 2001.
- Who was the first Parish Priest?
Late Rev Fr. Peter Liwonde.
- The Origins of its name (including quoted verses from the Bible if any)
Originated from sister parish of Birmingham but derived from Bishop Martin.
- Three major achievements since the Parish were established.
- By the year 2001 Kanengo Parish created
- By 1st January in the year 2012 Area 49 Parish created from Kanengo Parish.
- By 1st January in the year 2012 Dowa hills Parish created from Kanengo Parish;
- By the yea2000 St Martin’s Church building completed.
- By July in the year 2010 Priest vehicle bought.
- By the year 2008 Priest House built.
- By 4th may in the Year 2015 St Augustine Anglican Church created as an outstation of Kanengo Parish.
- By the year 2016 Band equipments procured, 200 plastic chairs bought, 5000liters water tank elected, and Sunday school shelter roofed.
- By the year 2017 a priest’s vehicle Nissan x-trail bought
- By the year 2017 St Augustine church building second phase completed.
Parish Contact information
- Full postal address
St Martin’s Anglican Church, Kanengo Parish, post office box 40380,Lilongwe 4, Malawi.
- Phone number(s)
+265 999 092 002, +265 884 478 673, Contact Rev Fr Capt Andrew Malenga.
+265 888 867 841, +265 999 867 841 Contact Steven Chiutula.
- Email address.
- Social media account(s)
Parish Statements (optional)
- Parish Mission statement +
- Not more than 500 words
- Church theme
- Parish Slogan/motto (if any)
- Parish Values
- Attach Parish (church/building) picture
- Any other information deemed necessary by the Parishioners